EASTPORT and EASTON - Maurice G. Mitchell, 75, husband of Mrs. Regina S. (Morrison) Mitchell, passed away Thursday morning, Jan. 24, 2013, at a Mars Hill health care facility, after a courageous battle with cancer. He was born Feb. 6, 1937, in Eastport, the son of Charles H. and Margaret T. (Call) Mitchell.
The Guest Book is expired.
Maurice attended Eastport schools and had been employed in the boat building industry for many years, as well as a 20-year career at Guilford Woolen Mills, and was also self employed as a carpenter in Eastport for a number of years. Mr. Mitchell was married to Regina S. Morrison, Nov. 4, 1955. He helped build and was a member of Cornerstone Baptist Church, Eastport, and more recently attended Perry Bible Fellowship, and was a member of the Eastport Gideon's. Maurice greatly enjoyed music, especially country and gospel. He was an accomplished base guitarist, having played for many family and friends throughout the years, and was proud to have played with the Eastport Music Circle.
In addition to his parents, Maurice was predeceased by two brothers, Herbert and C. Wayne Mitchell. He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Regina of Easton; two sons and daughters-in-law, Brian L. and Cathy Mitchell of Park City, Utah, and Kevin and Ronnie Mitchell of Easton; one daughter and son-in-law, Frances and Roger Segien of Eastport; one brother, Robert Wade of Eastport; eight grandchildren, Billi Jo Mitchell of Maryland, Melissa Mitchell of Ellsworth, Elizabeth Spinney of Eastport, Sarah Segien of Pembroke, Brian Mitchell and Shelly Segien, both of Eastport, Wilder and Chase Mitchell of Easton; two great-grandchildren, Lauren Mitchell of Maryland and Aubree Trott of Pembroke; several nieces and nephews.
A graveside service will be conducted at Hillside Cemetery, Eastport, at a later date. In lieu of flowers, those who wish may contribute in memory of Mr. Mitchell to Hospice of Aroostook, P.O. Box 688, Caribou, ME 04736. Arrangements have been entrusted to Giberson-Dorsey Funeral Home, 144 Main St., Fort Fairfield.
Published in BDN Maine on Jan. 25, 2013